Bruckner: Symphonies 1-9 - Janowski
PentaTone Classics PTC 5186520 (10 discs)
Classical - Orchestral
Bruckner: Symphonies 1-9, Mass No. 3
Lenneke Ruiten, soprano
Iris Vermillion, mezzo
Shawn Mathey, tenor
Franz Josef Selig, bass-baritone
Orchestre de la Suisse Romande
PENTATONE is proud to present Anton Bruckner’s complete symphonies recorded with PENTATONE’s January July 2015 Orchestra of the Season, Orchestre de la Suisse Romande, and conductor Marek Janowski.
This is a set with nothing less than a stellar sound and stunningly consistent performances throughout all symphonies. Marek Janowski achieves a clarity and balance of sound from the whole orchestra It was not only his observant reading of these works or and the invigorating performance by the orchestra that achieved this sound; the magnificent acoustics of Victoria Hall in Geneva (where the orchestra is based and also where the recordings took place) did wonders for Bruckner’s works. As far as interpretations go, Janowski knows his Bruckner and he takes the orchestra to a higher level.
This box set contains nine SACDs plus one bonus SACD - Mass No. 3 in F Minor - complementing the Bruckner Symphonies cycle. Anyone who claims that a new recording of a Bruckner symphony in SACD is already a special event in itself, one can only then imagine what having the complete symphonies in a box set would be like.
“Janowski has forged an instrument that projects Bruckner’s richly textured canvases with a combination of warmth, transparency and tonal weight, the brass sounding particularly impressive... PENTATONE has provided Janowski and his Geneva forces with excellent sound. This is yet another significant step towards what I am convinced will eventually turn out to be one of the finest recorded Bruckner cycles of the 21st century.” Rob Cowan - Gramophone on Symphony No. 7 in E Major, September 2011.
Support this site by purchasing from these vendors using the links provided below.
As an Amazon Associate HRAudio.net earns from qualifying purchases.
- Anton Bruckner: Mass No. 3 in F minor, WAB 28
- Anton Bruckner: Symphony No. 1 in C minor, WAB 101
- Anton Bruckner: Symphony No. 2 in C minor, WAB 102
- Anton Bruckner: Symphony No. 3 in D minor, WAB 103
- Anton Bruckner: Symphony No. 4 in E flat major, WAB 104 'Romantic'
- Anton Bruckner: Symphony No. 5 in B flat major, WAB 105
- Anton Bruckner: Symphony No. 6 in A major, WAB 106
- Anton Bruckner: Symphony No. 7 in E major, WAB 107
- Anton Bruckner: Symphony No. 8 in C minor, WAB 108
- Anton Bruckner: Symphony No. 9 in D minor, WAB 109
Click here to report errors or omissions in the music details.