Les Éléments: Tempêtes, Orages et Fêtes Marines - Savall
Alia Vox AVSA9914 (2 discs)
Classical - Orchestral
Les Éléments: Tempêtes, Orages et Fêtes Marines; the music of Locke, Marais, Rameau, Rebel, Telemann & Vivaldi
Le Concert de Nations
Jordi Savall (direction)
This double album is an invitation to explore the forces of nature, so vividly depicted by the composers at the turn of the XVIIth and XVIIIth centuries. With this stunning (and Jordi's first) recording of Jean-Fery Rebel’s Les Elements, Savall displays his unmatched vision of the baroque orchestral repertoire, proving that authenticity and timbral beauty aren’t mutually exclusive.
New recordings of works by Locke, Vivaldi, Marais, Telemann and Rameau - a splendidly varied and expressively wide-ranging selection - is a welcome addition to the existing landmark recordings made by Savall in this repertoire. Pellucid engineering complements the live performances perfectly, offering warmth without excessive resonance, and letting the players shine.
Support this site by purchasing from these vendors using the links provided below.
As an Amazon Associate HRAudio.net earns from qualifying purchases.
- Matthew Locke: Music for The Tempest
- Marin Marais: Alcione
- Jean-Philippe Rameau: Hippolyte et Aricie
- Jean-Philippe Rameau: Les indes galantes
- Jean-Philippe Rameau: Zoroastre
- Jean-Fery Rebel: Les élémens
- Georg Philipp Telemann: Ouverture in C major, TWV 55:C3 'Hamburger Ebb' und Fluth'
- Antonio Vivaldi: Concerto in F major for Flute, RV 433 (Op. 10 No. 1) 'La tempesta di mare'