Die Röhre, The Tube - Stuttgarter Kammerorchester
Classical - Chamber
Boccherini: La Musica Notturna delle strade di Madrid, Sammartini: Sinfonia in F major, Charles Avison/Domenico Scarlatti: Concerto XII, Handel: Concerto grosso in F major Op. 6 No. 2, Vivaldi: Concerto alla Rustica in G major, Biber: Battalia a 10, Corelli: Concerto grosso Op. 6 No. 7
Over the past half-century the transistor has transformed our world. No computer or household gadget would be possible without it these days. As regards audio technology, our question was: did anything get lost on the way, and if so, what? And: a CD made without a transistor - is that really possible? Let us take a look at the signal chain...
- Charles Avison: Concerto XII
- Heinrich Ignaz Franz Biber: Battalia a 10
- Luigi Boccherini: String Quintet in C major, G. 324 'La Musica Notturna delle strade di Madrid'
- Arcangelo Corelli: Concerto Grosso in D major, Op. 6 No. 7
- George Frideric Handel: Concerto Grosso in F major, HWV 320 (Op. 6 No. 2)
- Giovanni Battista Sammartini: Sinfonia in F major
- Antonio Vivaldi: Concerto in G major for Strings, RV 151 'Alla rustica'