European Tour - Nordic Brass Ensemble
2L 2L-128-SABD (2 discs)
Classical - Chamber
Bartolomé Ramos de Pareja: Mundus et Musica et Totus Concentus
Francisco de la Torre: Danza Alta sobre "la Spagna"
Johann Weck: Hoppers Dancz "Routi Bouilli"
Francisco Correa de Arauxo: Battalla de Morales
Cristóbal de Morales: Pie Jesu Domine; Circumdede me runt
Michael Praetorius: Suite "Terpsichore"
Carlo Gesualdo: Tristis est anima mea; Dolcissima mia vita
Mogens Pedersøn: Ecco La Primavera
John Dowland: Flow My Tears; The King of Denmark's Galliard
Tielman Susato: Pavane la Battaglia; Susato Suite
Mateo Flecha: Jerigonza
Anthony Holborne: Suite of Elizabethan Dances
Traditional: Dit le Bourguygnon
André Danican Philidor: Musique de l'enfance du Dauphin; Libertas; Musique pour le Sacre de Roy
Claude Le Jeune: Revecy Venir du Printans
Adriano Banchieri: La Battaglia
Nordic Brass Ensemble
It is common to date the beginning of the Renaissance to the mid-14th century. From the ashes of the Black Death emerged a society that was fundamentally changed, and to a large extent saw itself as re-born – formed anew. It cannot be a coincidence that this transformation first took place in the very parts of Europe that had been at the centre of the Roman Empire when at its strongest, in Italy. Florence became the main powerhouse of the new Europe, and from there the Renaissance spread rapidly, bringing an intense cultural flowering to France, England, the Netherlands, Germany and Spain. It is from these countries that Nordic Brass Ensemble has assembled the repertoire for "European Tour" – music arranged specially for this ensemble by Hans Petter Stangnes and Stian Aareskjold. Modern brass instruments have a history going back to the Janissaries, the Ottoman sultan’s special military corps. Contact between Renaissance Europe and Islamic culture helped determine how European culture, and in particular its music, would develop in this period. Nordic Brass Ensemble is made up of musicians from symphony orchestras and wind ensembles in the Nordic countries, and it has always played early music.
Support this site by purchasing from these vendors using the links provided below.
As an Amazon Associate HRAudio.net earns from qualifying purchases.
- Francisco Correa de Araujo: Battalla de Morales
- Adriano Banchieri: La Battaglia
- John Dowland: Flow my teares (The Second Booke of Songes or Ayres)
- John Dowland: The King of Denmarks Galiard (Lachrimæ or Seaven Teares and other consort music)
- Mateo Flecha: Jerigonza
- Carlo Gesualdo: Dolcissima mia vita
- Carlo Gesualdo: Tristis est anima mea
- Anthony Holborne: Suite of Elizabethan Dances
- Claude le Jeune: Revecy Venir du Printans
- Cristobal de Morales: Circumdede me runt
- Cristobal de Morales: Pie Jesu Domine
- Bartolomé Ramos de Pareja: Mundus et Musica et Totus Concentus
- Mogens Pedersøn: Ecco la primavera
- André Danican Philidor: Libertas
- André Danican Philidor: Musique de l'enfance du Dauphin
- André Danican Philidor: Musique pour le Sacre de Roy
- Michael Praetorius: Suite "Terpsichore"
- Tielman Susato: Pavane la Battaglia
- Tielman Susato: Susato Suite
- Francesco de la Torre: Danza Alta sobre "la Spagna"
- Traditional: Dit le Bourguygnon
- Johann Weck: Hoppers Dancz "Routi Bouilli"