Dvorak: 9 Symphonies, Tone Poems, Overtures, Requiem - Kertesz
Decca Classics 4830749
Classical - Orchestral
Dvorak: Complete Symphonies, Tone Poems, Overtures, Requiem
Pilar Lorengar (soprano), Erzsébet Komlóssy (mezzo), Robert Ilosfalvy (tenor), Tom Krause (bass)
London Symphony Orchestra
Istvan Kertesz (conductor)
Kertesz recordings with the London Symphony Orchestra of the Dvorak symphonies are widely regarded as the definitive interpretation of the Dvorak cycle and their recording of the Requiem in 1968 is held in the same regard.
50 years since the completion of the symphonies, Decca are celebrating these unrivaled recordings and have returned to the original tapes to make this definitive transfer and present this audiophile edition on two formats: 9 traditional CDs and 1 single High Fidelity Pure Audio Blu-ray disc, enabling true 24-bit playback of the entire audio contents on a single disc at the highest-possible audio quality.
One hardback book presenting 9 CDs in the original iconic Brueghel covers. A second hardback book, with artist photos, an introduction by musicologist Andrew Stewart, repertoire notes by Jan Smaczny and recollections of the recording sessions by producer Ray Minshall, all in English, French and German, coupled with the Blu-ray disc. Both hardback books are presented in a slipcase with the original Brueghel cover art.
Support this site by purchasing from these vendors:
- Antonin Dvořák: Domov můj (My Homeland), B. 125a Op. 62
- Antonin Dvořák: Husitská (Hussite Overture), B. 132 Op. 67
- Antonin Dvořák: Karneval (Carnival Overture), B. 169 Op. 92
- Antonin Dvořák: Polednice (The Noon Witch), B. 196 Op. 108
- Antonin Dvořák: Requiem, B. 165 Op. 89
- Antonin Dvořák: Scherzo Capriccioso, B. 131 Op. 66
- Antonin Dvořák: Serenade for Wind in D minor, B. 77 Op. 44
- Antonin Dvořák: Symfonické variace (Symphonic Variations), B. 514 Op. 78
- Antonin Dvořák: Symphony No. 1 in C minor, B. 9 'Zlonické zvony' (The Bells of Zlonice)
- Antonin Dvořák: Symphony No. 2 in B flat major, D. 12 Op. 4
- Antonin Dvořák: Symphony No. 3 in E flat major, B. 34 Op. 10
- Antonin Dvořák: Symphony No. 4 in D minor, B. 41 Op. 13
- Antonin Dvořák: Symphony No. 5 in F major, Op. 76
- Antonin Dvořák: Symphony No. 6 in D major, B. 112 Op. 60
- Antonin Dvořák: Symphony No. 7 in D minor, B. 141 Op. 70
- Antonin Dvořák: Symphony No. 8 in G major, B. 163 Op. 88
- Antonin Dvořák: Symphony No. 9 in E minor, B. 178 Op. 95 'From the New World'
- Antonin Dvořák: V přírodě (In Nature's Realm), B. 168 Op. 91
- Antonin Dvořák: Vodnik (The Water Goblin), B. 195 Op. 107
- Antonin Dvořák: Zlatý kolovrat (The Golden Spinning Wheel), B. 197 Op. 109