Herbert von Karajan: Complete recordings on Deutsche Grammophon and Decca
Universal 4798160 (2 discs)
Beethoven: 9 Symphonies (1962 cycle)
Wagner: The Ring
Herbert von Karajan (conductor)
330 CDs, 24 DVDs and 2 Blu-ray Audio, 4 tracklist booklets and 1 hardcover book encompassing everything Karajan ever recorded for Deutsche Grammophon and Decca.
• The Early Recordings on 8 CDs (6 CDs of “The First Recordings” from the 1930s and 1940s + 2 CDs radio recordings previously released on Koch-Schwann from the 1940s)
• The Complete 1960s recordings (82CDs)
• The Complete 1970s recordings (82 CDs)
• The Complete 1980s recordings (78 CDs)
• The Complete Opera Recordings on DG & Decca (70 CDs)
• Decca Orchestral Recordings on 9 CDs + The Christmas Album
• The complete DG/Unitel DVDs (24 DVDs)
• 2 Blu-ray Audios with the 1963 Beethoven cycle and Wagner’s Ring des Nibelungen in 24 bit/96kHz.
• Strictly Limited, Numbered Edition
• Leather fibre outer case with gold hot-foil imprint
• Bookshelf-like inner box presenting all sleeves easily accessible from two sides
• The Hardcover-Book with 140 pages: Includes a new extended essay on the phenomenon Karajan by biographer Richard Osborne as well as all the essays, interviews, reminiscences by colleagues and producers from the four previously released big box sets, a timeline and numerous pictures including facsimiles of protocols from some of his most famous recordings
• Four tracklisting booklets:
1 The Early Recordings + 1960s Recordings
2 The 1970s Recordings
3 The 1980s Recordings + Decca Orchestral Recordings
4 The Opera Recordings + DVDs and Blu-ray Audios
• Original Jackets (front and back) with most recordings in their original LP couplings
- Ludwig van Beethoven: Symphony No. 1 in C major, Op. 21
- Ludwig van Beethoven: Symphony No. 2 in D major, Op. 36
- Ludwig van Beethoven: Symphony No. 3 in E flat major, Op. 55 'Eroica'
- Ludwig van Beethoven: Symphony No. 4 in B flat major, Op. 60
- Ludwig van Beethoven: Symphony No. 5 in C minor, Op. 67
- Ludwig van Beethoven: Symphony No. 6 in F major, Op. 68 'Pastoral'
- Ludwig van Beethoven: Symphony No. 7 in A major, Op. 92
- Ludwig van Beethoven: Symphony No. 8 in F major, Op. 93
- Ludwig van Beethoven: Symphony No. 9 in D minor, Op. 125 'Choral'
- Richard Wagner: Das Rheingold, WWV 86A
- Richard Wagner: Die Walküre, WWV 86B
- Richard Wagner: Götterdämmerung, WWV 86D
- Richard Wagner: Siegfried, WWV 86C