Lourié: Piano Works - Erny
Ars Produktion ARS 38 248
Classical - Instrumental
Arthur Lourié: 5 Préludes fragiles, Op. 1, Valse, Deux Estampes, Op. 2, Intermezzo, Petite Suite in F major, Gigue, Nocturne, Lullaby
Christian Erny (piano)
Arthur Lourié (1892-1966) is one of the most important representatives of the Russian avant-garde, even though he unfortunately never received the appropriate attention due to emigration, among other things. While his early piano pieces were still linked to Skriabin's late work, the composer soon developed completely new forms of musical discourse, including graphic notation.
Christian Erny assembled a roughly hour-long selection of works that offer a foray into the innovative and fascinating world of Arthur Lourié.
- Arthur Vincent Lourié: 2 Estampes, Op. 2 (1910)
- Arthur Vincent Lourié: 5 Préludes fragiles, Op. 1 (1908-10)
- Arthur Vincent Lourié: Berceuse de la chevrette (1936)
- Arthur Vincent Lourié: Gigue (1927)
- Arthur Vincent Lourié: Intermezzo (1928)
- Arthur Vincent Lourié: Nocturne (1928)
- Arthur Vincent Lourié: Petit suite in F major (1926)
- Arthur Vincent Lourié: Valse (1926)