Bruckner: 9 Symphonies - Ozawa, Järvi, Blomstedt, Haitink, Jansons, Thielemann, Mehta, Rattle
Berliner Philharmoniker BPHR 190281 (4 discs)
Classical - Orchestral
Bruckner: 9 Symphonies
Seiji Ozawa (1, Linz 1865/66)
Paavo Järvi (2, 1877)
Herbert Blomstedt (3, 1873)
Bernard Haitink (4, 1878/80; 5)
Mariss Jansons (6)
Christian Thielemann (7, 1885)
Zubin Mehta (8, 1890)
Sir Simon Rattle (9, completed Samale-Phillips-Cohrs-Mazzuca)
Anton Bruckner is a composer with an unmistakable musical language: darkly glowing, overwhelmingly beautiful, but also energetic and innovative. For the Berliner Philharmoniker, this music has been part of their artistic identity for over a hundred years. The orchestra now presents Bruckner’s symphonies in an exclusive edition, recorded over the last ten years together with some of the foremost Bruckner interpreters of our time.
Bruckner’s symphonies are a universe of immeasurable tonal, expressive, and metaphysical dimensions. It is precisely the changing perspectives of different conductors that make it possible to explore this diverse wealth. The edition is moreover a document of a successful artistic collaboration with highly esteemed partners of many years’ standing: Herbert Blomstedt, Bernard Haitink, Mariss Jansons, Paavo Järvi, Zubin Mehta, Seiji Ozawa, Christian Thielemann and Simon Rattle. The high-quality hardcover edition presents the recordings on nine CDs as well as pure audio and video recordings on Blu-Ray. The extensive booklet contains an essay by the renowned musicologist Richard Taruskin plus portraits of the conductors, introductions to the individual symphonies and numerous photos.
Support this site by purchasing from these vendors:
- Anton Bruckner: Symphony No. 1 in C minor, WAB 101
- Anton Bruckner: Symphony No. 2 in C minor, WAB 102
- Anton Bruckner: Symphony No. 3 in D minor, WAB 103
- Anton Bruckner: Symphony No. 4 in E flat major, WAB 104 'Romantic'
- Anton Bruckner: Symphony No. 5 in B flat major, WAB 105
- Anton Bruckner: Symphony No. 6 in A major, WAB 106
- Anton Bruckner: Symphony No. 7 in E major, WAB 107
- Anton Bruckner: Symphony No. 8 in C minor, WAB 108
- Anton Bruckner: Symphony No. 9 in D minor, WAB 109