Vivaldi: The Four Seasons - Steinbacher
PentaTone Classics PTC 5186746
Classical - Orchestral
Vivaldi: The Four Seasons
Piazzolla: 4 Estaciones Porteñas
Arabella Steinbacher, violin
LIVELY COMBINATION OF BAROQUE AND TANGO
Star violinist Arabella Steinbacher presents Antonio Vivaldi’s world-famous Four Seasons alongside Astor Piazzolla’s Cuatro estaciones porteñas, creating a lively combination of baroque and tango. The enormous popularity of Vivaldi’s Four Seasons tends to make us forget the original and ground-breaking nature of these violin concertos. Coupling them with Piazzolla’s tango-inspired Four Seasons of Buenos Aires makes both pieces sound fresher than ever before, thanks to Steinbacher’s personal engagement with the repertoire and the inspired accompaniment of the Münchener Kammerorchester. Piazzolla’s music is performed here in a new arrangement for violin and string orchestra by Peter von Wienhardt, whose Strauss song arrangements on Steinbacher’s previous album Aber der Richtige … (2018) were extensively praised by the press.
Arabella Steinbacher, a multiple award-winner with an extensive PENTATONE discography, is accompanied by the players of the Münchener Kammerorchester, who make their PENTATONE debut.
Support this site by purchasing from these vendors:
- Astor Piazzolla: Las cuatro Estaciones Porteñas (4 Seasons in Buenos Aires)
- Antonio Vivaldi: Concerto in E major for Violin, RV 269 (Op. 8 No. 1) 'La primavera'
- Antonio Vivaldi: Concerto in F major for Violin, RV 293 (Op. 8 No. 3) 'L'autunno'
- Antonio Vivaldi: Concerto in F minor for Violin, RV 297 (Op. 8 No. 4) 'L'inverno'
- Antonio Vivaldi: Concerto in G minor for Violin, RV 315 (Op. 8 No. 2) 'L'estate'
- Antonio Vivaldi: Le quattro stagioni (The Four Seasons), Op. 8 No. 1-4