Telemann: Polonaise - Nosky
PentaTone Classics PTC 5186878
Classical - Orchestral
Aisslinn Nosky, violin & direction
BRISK PORTRAIT OF TELEMANN’S POLAND
The players of Holland Baroque continue their PENTATONE journey with Polonoise, a programme for curious listeners who want to discover a different side of Telemann. His manuscript Danses d’Polonie (TWV 45), in which he wrote down the dance music he heard during his Polish travels, was the impetus for this album. Taking this as a point of departure, Holland Baroque and violinist Aisslinn Nosky explore how Telemann applied the Polish style in his own works. Polonoise takes the listener on an imaginary journey to the wild nature, the slopes and the picturesque village taverns of Poland. Arranged by the ensemble’s artistic leaders Judith and Tineke Steenbrink, Telemann’s Polish concertos and dances sound brisker than ever before.
Holland Baroque is an original and innovative baroque orchestra that approaches baroque repertoire through a fresh and contemporary approach, with a focus on improvisation and collaborations with outstanding artists from different traditions. Polonoise is their second PENTATONE release, after their well-received Silk Baroque (2019), together with Wu Wei. Aisslinn Nosky, one of the most pioneering and adventurous violinists of the Northern-American early music scene, makes her PENTATONE debut.
Support this site by purchasing from these vendors using the links provided below.
As an Amazon Associate HRAudio.net earns from qualifying purchases.
- Georg Philipp Telemann: Ouverture in A minor, TWV 55:a4
- Georg Philipp Telemann: Ouverture in D major, TWV 55:D12
- Georg Philipp Telemann: Ouverture in D major, TWV 55:D13 'La Gaillarde'
- Georg Philipp Telemann: Ouverture in D major, TWV 55:D3
- Georg Philipp Telemann: Ouverture in E major, TWV 55:E1
- Georg Philipp Telemann: Ouverture in G minor, TWV 55:g4
- Georg Philipp Telemann: Polish Dances from the Rostock manuscript, TWV 45
- Georg Philipp Telemann: Polish Partita in B flat major, TWV 39:1
- Georg Philipp Telemann: Quartet in B flat major for 2 Violins, Viola and Continuo, TWV 43:B3
- Georg Philipp Telemann: Quartet in G major for 2 Violins, Viola and Continuo, TWV 43:G7 'Concerto polon'
- Georg Philipp Telemann: Sonata in D minor for Flute, TWV 41:d4