Nielsen: Orchestral Music - Dausgaard
Dacapo Records 6.220518
Classical - Orchestral
Carl Nielsen: Maskarade (Overture, Cockerel’s Dance), Sir Oluf He Rides (Prelude), Snefrid, Rhapsody Overture: An imaginary journey to the Faroe Islands, Willemoes (Prelude to Act 3), Pan and Syrinx - Pastoral Scene for Orchestra Op. 49, Cupid and the Poet Op. 54, Helios (Overture) Op. 17
Danish National Symphony Orchestra
Thomas Dausgaard (conductor)
Carl Nielsen (1865-1931) is world famous for his six symphonies and his two operas Saul and David and Maskerade. In addition he wrote programme music and incidental music for the theatre, thereby creating some of his most popular works. This release features some of his finest pieces for orchestra, displaying the composer's sharp sense of the refined, playful and humorous.
Support this site by purchasing from these vendors using the links provided below.
As an Amazon Associate HRAudio.net earns from qualifying purchases.
and 1 September 2006
Recording producers: Preben Iwan 1 & 10 and Chris Hazell
Editing: Preben Iwan, Chris Hazell and Jan Oldrup
Balance engineer: Jan Oldrup
Mastering: Preben Iwan and Jan Oldrup
Artistic director and general manager, DNSO & Choirs / DR: Per Erik Veng
- Carl Nielsen: Amor og Digteren - Incidental Music, CNW 23 Op. 54
- Carl Nielsen: En fantasirejse til Færøerne - Rhapsody Overture, CNW 39
- Carl Nielsen: Helios - Overture, CNW 34 Op. 17
- Carl Nielsen: Hr. Oluf han rider - Incidental Music, CNW 7
- Carl Nielsen: Maskarade - Opera, CNW 2
- Carl Nielsen: Pan and Syrinx (Pastoral Scene) for Orchestra, CNW 38 Op. 49
- Carl Nielsen: Snefrid - Incidental Music, CNW 4
- Carl Nielsen: Willemoes - Incidental Music, CNW 8