I was like WOW! - Jörgen van Rijen
Channel Classics CCS SA 26909
"I was like WOW!"
Jörgen van Rijen (trombone)
Jan Willem de Vriend
An American soldier says, “I was like wow” at the moment when he is describing his violent experiences during the Iraq war. This showed me that words and exclamations like “ wow” are used to indicate that something has made a deep impression, regardless of whether that impression is positive or negative; you can be impressed by something in all kinds of different ways. That’s what gave me the idea of finding pieces for my new CD, ‘I was like WOW!’ that had all impressed me deeply for all different kinds of reasons, pieces that for some reason had given me a ‘wow’ feeling.
Jörgen van Rijen
- Jacques Casterade: Concertino
- Jacques Casterade: Morceau Symphonique
- Arthur Honegger: Hommage du trombone exprimant la tristesse de l'auteur absent
- Joseph Jongen: Aria et Polonaise
- Frank Martin: Ballade
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart: Die Schuldigkeit des ersten Gebots, K. 35
- Martijn Padding: Third Piece
- Younghi Pagh-Paan: Second Piece