Sor: Late works for Guitar - William Carter
Linn Records CKD 380
Classical - Instrumental
Fernando Sor: Late Works
Etüden op. 29 Nr. 13, 17, 23;op. 35 Nr. 17 & 22;op. 60 Nr. 22; Lecons op. 31 Nr. 16 & 23;Morceau de Concert op. 54; Mazurka op. 43 Nr. 4;Walzer op. 32 Nr. 2;Capriccio op. 50 "Le Calme"
William Carter (guitar)
William Carter's Le Calme: Fernando Sor Late Works is an appealing collection of works by the Spanish guitar virtuoso and composer Fernando Sor, featuring some of Sor's most popular works. This collection demonstrates highly elaborate structures and techniques that pushed the boundaries of the instrument during Sor's time. These recordings employ a performance practice set out by Sor himself; Carter plays with his fingertips, creating an intimate sound. Carter's passion for the guitar enthuses his playing with a freshness and vitality that makes these compositions as appealing to today's listeners as it was for the original composition audiences.
Support this site by purchasing from these vendors using the links provided below.
As an Amazon Associate HRAudio.net earns from qualifying purchases.
- Fernando Sor: 12 Studies for the Spanish Guitar, Op. 29
- Fernando Sor: 24 Exercises, Op. 35
- Fernando Sor: 24 Progressive Lessons For Beginners, Op. 31
- Fernando Sor: 25 Progressive Studies, Op. 60
- Fernando Sor: 6 Bagatelles, Op. 43
- Fernando Sor: 6 Short Pieces, Op. 32
- Fernando Sor: Capriccio, Op. 50 "Le Calme"
- Fernando Sor: Morceau de Concert, Op. 54a