Beethoven: Piano Sonatas Vol. 9 - Korstick
Oehms Classics OC 662
Classical - Instrumental
Beethoven: Piano Sonatas Nos. 24-28
Michael Korstick (piano)
In Michael Korstick’s ninth volume of Beethoven sonatas, he presents Sonatas 24–28. Michael Korstick does not see recordings as „snapshots“ that could be replaced at any time simply because some new aspect might be considered, but as the attempt to realize an ideal: an ideal with which the pianist would gladly be measured against in the long term. This is why, when preparing for a recording, Michael Korstick has made it a practice to go to the Bonn Beethoven House in order to study manuscripts, sketch books and first editions. As all reviews of the previously released volumes 1 to 8 verify, the results are always worth it.
Support this site by purchasing from these vendors using the links provided below.
As an Amazon Associate HRAudio.net earns from qualifying purchases.
- Ludwig van Beethoven: Piano Sonata No. 24 in F sharp major, Op. 78
- Ludwig van Beethoven: Piano Sonata No. 25 in G major, Op. 79 'Sonatine'
- Ludwig van Beethoven: Piano Sonata No. 26 in E flat major, Op. 81a 'Les adieux'
- Ludwig van Beethoven: Piano Sonata No. 27 in E minor, Op. 90
- Ludwig van Beethoven: Piano Sonata No. 28 in A major, Op. 101