Chopin: Etudes, Ballades, Nocturnes - Richter
Praga Digitals Reminiscences PRD/DSD 350 062
Classical - Instrumental
Chopin: Etudes Opp 10, 25; Ballades; Nocturnes
Sviatoslav Richter (piano)
"Chopin's works were a trigger. I was totally moved listening to my father playing the Notturno No.5 and I choose music for life [and not painting]" As early as 1948 Richter recorded a Polonaise Op.25 No.1, and in 1950 the Ballade No.2 Op.38, few Studies... An avowed enemy of 'completism' the present programme is a fabulous example of his choices, excluding the famous Funeral Sonata, Waltzes or First Piano Concerto..., leaving these to Gilels: far better than me' in his opinion!
Support this site by purchasing from these vendors using the links provided below.
As an Amazon Associate HRAudio.net earns from qualifying purchases.
- Frederic Chopin: 12 Etudes, Op. 10
- Frederic Chopin: 12 Etudes, Op. 25
- Frederic Chopin: Ballade No. 1 in G minor, Op. 23
- Frederic Chopin: Ballade No. 2 in A minor, Op. 38
- Frederic Chopin: Ballade No. 3 in A flat major, Op. 47
- Frederic Chopin: Ballade No. 4 in F minor, Op. 52
- Frederic Chopin: Nocturne No. 18 in E major, Op. 62 No. 2
- Frederic Chopin: Nocturne No. 19 in E minor, WN 23 (Op. 72 No. 1)
- Frederic Chopin: Polonaise-Fantaisie in A flat major, Op. 61