Wagner, Bizet, Verdi, Puccini, Borodin, Nielsen - Famous Opera Choruses
Dacapo Records 6.220512
Classical - Opera
Wagner, Bizet, Verdi, Puccini, Borodin, Nielsen
Famous Opera Choruses
Royal Danish Opera Choir
Michael Schønwandt (Schonwandt)
The Choir of the Royal Danish Opera has several times been called "the world's best opera choir". The title has not had a huge effect on the fame of the choir, either in terms of concerts or CD releases. Hitherto it has by and large only been possible to experience the opera choir if one bought a ticket to a production on the Old Stage of the Royal Theatre in Copenhagen or the new opera house on Holmen.
However, the Royal Opera Choir Society decided to change this after a highly successful collaboration with the Copenhagen Philharmonic. At a joint concert they performed Brahms' Requiem and agreed to meet again soon for a programme of famous opera choruses.
Support this site by purchasing from these vendors using the links provided below.
As an Amazon Associate HRAudio.net earns from qualifying purchases.
- Georges Bizet: Carmen, WD 31
- Alexander Borodin: Polovtsian Dances
- Carl Nielsen: Maskarade, CNW 2
- Giacomo Puccini: Turandot
- Giuseppe Verdi: Aida
- Giuseppe Verdi: Il trovatore
- Giuseppe Verdi: Nabucco
- Richard Wagner: Die Meistersinger von Nürnberg, WWV 96
- Richard Wagner: Lohengrin, WWV 75
- Richard Wagner: Tannhäuser und der Sängerkrieg auf der Wartburg, WWV 70