Yes: Close to the Edge
"Close to the Edge"
Close To The Edge is the first in a series of remixed and expanded Yes albums.
Presented in a mini vinyl replica gatefold card sleeve (with protective inner sleeves) with booklet featuring new sleeve notes by Sid Smith, along with rare photos and archive material, the album has been mixed for 5.1 Surround Sound from the original studio masters by Steven Wilson and is fully approved by Yes.
The CD features a new stereo album mix by Steven Wilson, a new mix of America and an early mix of Close to the Edge.
Contains original artwork by Roger Dean who has overseen the artwork for this new edition.
Support this site by purchasing from these vendors:
Mixed by Steven Wilson
BD-A includes (all from 1972 original master tapes except when notified) :
- 192kHz/24bits LPCM or DTS-HD Master Audio stereo flat transfer + America
- Stereo in DTS-HD Master Audio (24bit/96khz)
- 5.1 LPCM or DTS-HD Master Audio Surround (24bit/96khz) mixed from the original multi-channel recordings
- instrumental versions of all new mixes in DTS-HD Master Audio stereo (24bit/96khz).
- original UK vinyl A1/B1 pressing transferred in 24bit/96khz LPCM